When you are experiencing positive emotions like happiness, contentment, and love, you will see more possibilities in your life. Positive thinking is about much more than just being happy or displaying a great attitude. Positive thoughts can actually create real value in your life and help you build skills that last much longer than a smile.
A few points that a positive attitude can improve in you:
- It makes you more effective regardless what type of job you have. The better your attitude, the more you get done.
- It will help those around you, even if it is a simple smile, you never know if someone needs one.
- The service that you provide to clients and customers improves. It is easier to listen to their needs and helps you come up with better solutions.
- You will appreciate what you have more and people around you will be more likely to show their appreciation.
5 tips that can help you improve your positive mind-set:
- Every morning when you wake up mention 5 positive great things that you have in this moment of your life. For example: “I’m glad that I am a computer scientist”, “It’s really great that I have an spectacular wife and two kids that I love”, “Wow I’m the CEO of a company”, “I have a brand new car that is awesome” and the list can go on. Believe it or not, these things help you during the day. You can do the same thing at the end of the day with your daily achievements.
- Don’t let one bad thing ruin the day. Having a positive attitude is not going to prevent bad things from happening, it will help you manage them. For example, just because you got stuck on traffic jam after having a wonderful productive day doesn’t mean that the day turned out to be awful. Stop blaming things you can’t control. One negative thing shouldn’t ruin three positive ones. People often tend to see only the bad side of things. Traffic is something that you can’t control.
- Exercise more often. When you exercise your brain releases dopamine, serotonin, BDNF, and Norepinephrine. This hormones make you feel good, your self-esteem and confidence improve as well.
- Meditate. You don’t have to be a monk on the Tibet, Meditate. Recent research by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues, Open Hearts Build Lives: Positive Emotions, Induced Through Loving-Kindness Meditation, Build Consequential Personal Resources, suggests that people who meditate daily display positive emotions more often that those who don’t. Meditation also builds valuable long-term skills.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Don’t be dragged by pessimistic people. Negativism is contagious and if you are not a mentally strong person you will get ill. Get rid of those people.
All of this sounds like Bobby’s World but when you practice this you actually start to see the difference. It takes time and patience, but be certain, you will notice the difference. Please use the comments section to share additional positive mind-set tips?